Level 1 - Blade Inspection
The listed blade technician is qualified to perform blade service inspection on all types of WTG blades, according to Global Blade Service Standard.
The blade technician will be able to:
- Carry out General Visual Inspection, from ground level.
- Carry out Close Visual inspection, use of hands, tape measures, photo cards, off rope or crane.
- Carry out Detailed Visual Inspection. Use of tools to further inspection of damage by sanding away damaged paint/gelcoat, and visually inspect laminate, and bonded joints.
- Recognize different types of defects and damages.
- Assess and categorize defects and damages.
- Carry out minor cosmetic repair of surface coatings.
- Use correct terms for blade communication.
- Fill in blade status report.
- Describe the general construction of WTG blades.
- Describe health risk involved when handling polyester, epoxy and isocyanates